Friday, March 5, 2010

New Era of Real Madrid, Champions League + the La Liga title

Real Madrid most wanted trophy !!



Real Madrid are playing their best season matches, they have won their last 6 games and scoring 21 goals. Making their average scoring rate around 4 goals for each match. After watching their last two matches in Spanish league, I can say with confidence, if they keep it the same way, then the La Liga title will surely be for Madrid. Now Real Madrid is only two points behind the Barcalona, who hold the first place, in the La Liga. However, Real Madrid are not doing so well on champions League competition. They had their first match in knock out stages against Olympique Lyonnais, two weeks ago. They lost one to nothing. Unfortunately, this was not what I expected from Real Madrid, the worst thing I could've' imagined is a draw, but no, we lost L.

I saw Real Madrid's match against Olympics Lyon, and I have to admit, we sucked big time. Real Madrid didn't play as a team, they had no any real chances again Lyon. Every time Real Madrid tried to get close to Lyon's side, Lyons' players cut the ball. I don't know why, but they seemed so confuse. Kaka-Ronaldo, were like ghost, thought Ronaldo had just a few chances at the end of the game. But still, he played his worst game of the season. This thing does not go just for Ronaldo and Kaka; nonetheless, this goes for all the players. Starting from Iker Casillas,the goal keeper, to Real Madrid's top scorer, Higuain. Real Madrid showed nothing at whole. Higuain was like an extra player on the pith, I'm not even sure if he even touched the ball. Pellegrini, tried to fix things up by letting Benzema play instead of Higuain, but Benzema was not better than Higuain at whole. The match was the same. I'm just glad in one way, is that Real Madrid only lost by one, not more. Because, Lyon had so many chances, but they didn't work to use them well.

Many people think that Real Madrid's lost was because of Pellegrini, the coach. They think that Pellegrini did a mistake when he let Mahamadou Diarra play from the beginning the beginning of the match, although he has just returned from an injury. But I think this is not just Pellegrini's fault, I say it is the team's fault. From my perspective, from what I see in Real Madrid recent matches, I might know what is wrong. I believe it is Real Madrid's defense. Their defense is nothing like before, I mean when Pepe used to be play. I noticed that Lyon's players , even other teams, had no hard time to get in deep Real Madrid defense. This is the same thing Pellegrini told the press after the math, "We had no defense, we didn't play well, they deserve the win"

Anyway, feeling sorry and being mad would not benefit Real Madrid. Real Madrid still has a chanse to qualify to the next stage of Champions League if they win over Lyon. They will meet again at the Santiago Bernabeu, at Madrid, on March 10. Real Madrid has to win by two goals in order to qualify. For me, winning the champions League title is more important than winning the La liga ttile. I'm somewhat glad that Real Madrid lost. It is not that I don't want them to win. But now, at least Pellegrini will put more efforts and focus more on improving the team. Because I know, with this poor defense performance there is no way we can win the Champions League title.

No comments:

Post a Comment